Halloween is the much awaited festival and people look forward to it from all over the world! It is celebrated on 31st of October every year. It is a kickass festival and people prepare for months to get their costumes right. The year 2020 gave us the coronavirus that might take a little fun away but don’t worry, we have ways to fix it for you!
A little history to Halloween…
This tradition comes from the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain. People lit bonfires and wore costumes during the festivities with the belief of scaring off the ghosts. Halloween also has its origins in pagan festivals that took place in many European places. It was an October tradition as well. People believed that during this time dead spirits came alive and walked with the living folk. The Halloween celebration is in honor of the dead who are believed to return to the land on this day.
How to celebrate Halloween at home
- Try out the Halloween inspired games such as feel box, monster freeze dance etc.
- Pumpkin carving, obviously!
- Try out the haunted and scary video games out there!
- Try out dress games within your family itself and make it innovative.
- Ghost trains in hallways? Of course.
- Camping in your backyard with a single torch and ghostly stories!
- Spooky snack binge!
- Movie marathons are the best and that too horror movies!? Why not!
Halloween can be made fun at home with family and closest friends too, you just need to figure out which idea fits you the best! Let us know in the comments below about your Halloween plans!