Hair colouring is that trend nobody can resist no matter how hard they try. Afterall, your locks set the tone for how good / bad your outfit suits you! That explains how integral taking care of your locks is. Choosing a fantasy mane colour is secondary. Primarily, you need to prepare your hair for the same. Read on for some tips to follow before and after hair colouring and you are going to rock it!
Before You Colour Your Hair
1. Remember: The key to great hair coloring is to make sure that the hair is in good condition. Healthy hair keeps the hair color vibrant as long as possible.
2. Get a hot oil hair treatment at least 3 days before colouring it to condition the hair strands to take on the colour.
3. Avoid washing your locks just the day of or right before the treatment, so that the natural oils in your hair aren’t washed away.
4. When you wash your hair, make use of a detoxing or clarifying shampoo to remove build up from hair products and to ensure that your strands are clear and clean. Skip the conditioner.
5. Choose a hair color that is right for you. It makes all the difference to your final result. Use your natural hair colour as the basis to decide and don’t go for more than 2 shades darker or lighter to make sure that you get a hair colour suits your skin tone.
6. If you want to try out more complicated combinations like highlights or two-tone hair, seek the help of a professional to avoid any potential disaster.
Tip: It’s always a good idea to do a strand test first to ensure that you’re not allergic to any of the chemicals in the dye and that you will be satisfied with the color.
After You Color Your Hair
1. Wait for nearly 48 hours after colouring to wash your hair so that the colour has time to settle and take hold of your hair strands.
2. Use only those shampoo and conditioners that are specifically made for colour treated hair to retain your colour. Alternatively, go with colour specific shampoos that boost for your exact hair colour.
3. Use hair styling products that have added UV filters to protect your colour from being faded by the sun and they also protect your scalp from sun damage.
4. Get a hair treatment on a weekly basis or use a deep hair conditioner to keep your colour in the best possible condition. Nourished locks will keep the colour appealing and vibrant.
5. If you have a dark hair colour, go on for shine enhancing styling products to bring out the unbeatable shine!
6. You can use colour glosses. They boost any hair colour regardless of the shade.
7. Commit to colouring frequently. Don’t let the faded colors and obvious roots ruin your look. Opt for a low maintenance hair colour (if visiting the salon regularly is a problem) that can be maintained with regular colouring jobs at home.
If you want to try something really unique and eye-catching, go for vibrant colours. You can even try a combination of different colours if you really wanna play with your hair. Here is a collection of some colouring ideas that you might like to try!
You might also like to read: Rainbow Hair: Try Out This Hair Colour Trend Now