You might have seen multiple museums but these are some of the best yet the scariest museums of all times. They are spread across the world and we should feel amazed by the creativity people have and the exquisite execution.
New Orleans Pharmacy Museum, USA
New Orleans Pharmacy Museum, USA is one of the museums with a rich history. It comprises medical equipment, contraceptives, medical items, mostly medieval ofcouce. It is also labelled as one of the most haunted places in New Orleans and is believed to be haunted by ghosts that once worked there and allegedly tortured slaves as lab rats.
- Where: 514 Chartres Street, New Orleans
- Beautiful place with great staff
- So much wildness in just two rooms.
- Falls along the french quarter
- Visiting time is Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm
- $5/Adults, $4/Students or seniors and children under 6 are free
- A free tour included at 1 pm Tue-Fri
Siriraj Medical Museum, Thailand (The Death Museum)
It is one of the creepiest yet informative museums across the world. It is a storehouse for deformed, deranged, medically anomalies but most importantly,all dead people stored in solutions of formaldehyde. This place is filled with gruesome sights and it’s not for weak gutted people. It Has 6 museums within it – a parasitology museum, a forensics museum, a museum of the history of Thai medicine, an anatomical museum, and a prehistoric museum, a museum of pathology.
- Where: 2 Wanglung Road, Khwaeng Siriraj, Bangkok
- Place with preserved organs
- King Rama V in 1886 established this place
- It is not a pretty sight so you need to have strong guts
Catacombe dei Cappuccini, Italy
This site holds a remarkable place in history with many stories to tell and has detailed records of things you couldn’t imagine. It is a cemetery where bodies are buried. It is filled with preserved dead bodies i.e. skeletons of many men and women will give you a scare for lifetime! It is a creepy place, for sure.
- Where: Piazza Cappuccini, Palermo
- It is a collection cemetery.
- Visiting time is Sun – Sat, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- It has thousands of well dressed mummies.
- Dont miss out on Rosalia Lombardo!
Museum of Witchcraft and Magic, United Kingdom
This museum is a must visit for Harry Potter fans I’d say!
The Museum of Witchcraft and Magic is one of the oldest and grandest collections of items and equipment related to witchcraft. It is a bewitching site to witness, quite literally and you can’t escape having goosebumps in there!
- Where: Boscastle, Cornwall
- It’s a lovely museum with exquisite views.
- The staff is great and the entrance price is fair too.
- Good english history information lessons as well.
Medieval Crime Museum, Germany
This museum was housed in Rothenburg Torture Chamber. This museum gets its name and fame from the very fact that it was a place to torture people. You will find all sorts of equipment and weapons used for punishing and terrorizing people. You will witness horrific executor practices which will leave you flabbergasted!
- Where: Burggasse 3-5, Rothenburg
- It has 1000 years of legal history.
- It is all about criminal trials, torture, extreme crimes.
- The collection started with the small collection of Karl Albrecht.
- Don’t miss out on the one of the best, masks of shame and the ‘neck violins’!
Do plan a visit soon but only if you can handle the scare!
Also check out The Metropolitan Museum Of Art!