Guapate, Colombia – another underrated yet colourful city to be in. It is a beautiful and lively city to experience and is filled with a tremendous number of outdoor activities that you won’t get tired of. Moreover, it is one of the best getaways from the fast-paced Medellin. Here is all you need to know about Guatapé!
Best Time To travel
The best time to visit Guatapé is in January and also from June to October. The weather is pleasant throughout the year. The highest average temperature in Guatapé is 26°C in august and the lowest is 22°C in November.
You’ll Love Guatapé If
- Outdoor is where you have fun
- Kayaking to mountain biking interests you
- Colorful streets entice you
Where Should You Head To?
- El Peñón de Guatapé – Monolith with a stairway to the summit
- Plazoleta de Los Zócalos – Town square
- Comfama Guatapé Park and Guatape – Parque principal
- Climb El Penol Rock
What You Shouldn’t Miss
- Parroquia Nuestra Señora Del Carmen Guatapé – Catholic Church
- Malecon De Guatape – Observation Deck
- Embalse Peñol-Guatapé – Reservoir
- La Casa Del Arriero – Museum
- Helitours Colombia
Look Out For
- Countryside hiking
- ATV tours
- Swimming at the La Cazuela Waterfall
- San Rafael
Also check: Places To See : Santorini, Greece