This beautiful Greek volcanic island is our top recommendation for a romantic getaway, your honeymoon or even just an aesthetic break! Santorini is an Aegean island with whitewashed villages Fira & Oia, beaches, a volcanic landscape & Minoan ruins. Find out everything you need to know, right here!
Best Time To Travel?
The best time to visit Santorini is from September to October and also from April to May. this is the time when the weather is warm and it is not that crowded. You will enjoy your time here!
You’ll Love Santorini If
- You are planning to have luxurious and amazing cruises
- You enjoy wine-tasting
- You are looking for mind-blowing picture shots at your getaway!
- Kayak rides? Yes!
All of this with a touch of historical significance and beauty and santorini will be a visit you never forget!
Where To Head To
- Akrotiri – here lies the ruins of a prehistoric village
- Santorini caldera – this is a volcanic crater in a picturesque setting
- Ancient Thera – this is a ancient mountaintop city with ruins
- Caldera View
What Shouldn’t You Miss
- Santorini eruption – Volcano with rich history
- Santo Wines
- Paralia Vlichada – White sandy beach and cliffs
- Museum of Prehistoric Thira
- Megaro Gizi is a must as it is a local-history museum in a 1600s house!
Look Out For
- Imerovigli – clifftop village
- Oia – coastal town
- Kamari – greek resort
- Tharasia – rustic island
- Vourvoulos – underrated village with amazing views and food
Also check out Places To See: New Orleans!