Travelling in a plane for the first time can be really stressful. There are a lot of things we need to keep in mind and the thought that ‘what if I miss something’ makes us extremely anxious. Well, we are here to make it easier for you.
We have divided the tips into three categories – pre-flight precautions and advice, pre-boarding precautions and advice and in-flight advice to make it clearer and help with that stress that you brought you here!
Pre-Flight Precautions and Advices
- A very useful tip is to read about airport procedures and baggage rules beforehand. It will give you a sense of awareness and make you a little relaxed.
- According to the baggage guidelines, weigh your luggage at home to be sure and also attach a little ribbon or something to make it easily identifiable.
- Double check all your documents and passport and set reminders so that you don’t forget any of it (since it’s your first time, eventually it’ll naturally come to you!)
- Two words – Travel Insurance!
- Do not go for fancy clothing, dress in your most comfortable clothes (especially if it’s a long ride).
- Preferably get your own food and water and carry necessary in- flight accessories (inflatable pillows, headrests, etc.) and ensure packing items for your own entertainment.
- Once you have your e-ticket, pre-select your seats and meals. Also, register your phone number with the airline for necessary updates and access.
- Exchange your currency beforehand or online, if possible. It would really prove helpful.
- Checkout essential packing tips to help you with packing.
Pre-Boarding Precautions and Advices
- Keep your ticket handy at the terminal.
- Check in online and arrive at the airport nearly 3 hours early to get familiar with everything.
- First of all, it’s completely okay to be anxious during the security procedures so dont think it’s only you. Many frequent flyers get anxious as well.
- Keep tracking your flight status, climate and luggage. It’s a mis-matched combination for advice but just take it!
- See if lounge access comes with your credit card.
- Be alert at the airport and remember your flight details so as to not miss updates and announcements!
- Don’t hesitate to ask for assistance or help from the staff, before or on the plane.
- Keep extra blankets and jackets, irrespective of the general weather.
- Chewing bubble gum helps manage the pain you’ll feel in your ears while landing down
- Take a little walk inside the flight if the journey is too long to avoid cramps
- Phone on flight mode, obviously!
- In flight accessories come in handy here.
YoDoozy wishes you the best for all your travels! If you like this article, check out How to Fix A Train Ride!