Bilbao, Spain is an exquisite place to visit. It is great for everyone – friends, family, and couples! It is a port city and is blessed with the proximity to both beaches and mountains. It is rich with architecture and scenic beauty. Basically, it is a place that would suit anyone and everyone.
Best time to travel
The best time to visit Bilbao is from May to September, although avoid August if you want to experience a lesser crowd as it is a busy month. A three day trip would suffice your expectations. You can enjoy the art, museums, scenery, architecture, food and so much more. It will be a breezy trip. A word of advice – take lodging near the city centre.
- May, June and September
- 3 days
- city centre
You’ll love Bilbao if
- You are a fan of historic architecture
- On a romantic retreat
- Want a relaxed vacation
- Want to experience beaches and mountains together
- Want to try the authentic Spanish pintxos
Where should you head to?
- Guggenheim Museum Bilbao- modern art museum
- Mercado de la Ribera – Marketplace
- Bilbao Cathedral – Catholic cathedral
- Plaza Nueva – bars & eateries
- Vizcaya Bridge
What you shouldn’t miss
- Plaza Miguel Unamuno
- Church of San Vicente de Abando – Historic church with 17th-century art
- Arenal Bridge
- Plaza de Toros de Vista Alegre – witness bullfights
Look out for
- Gaztelugatxe islet and Bermeo Village. (35 km from Bilbao)
- Pozalagua caves (52 km from Bilbao)
- Urdaibai biosphere reserve and Elantxobe Village (48km from Bilbao)
Also check out Places To See: Buenos Aires!