Annecy is known as the ‘Venice of the alps’. It is this beautiful lakeside city, away from the rush, being absolutely mesmerising in its own way. There is no way you won’t love it!
Best Time To Travel?
The best time to visit Annecy is between May to October although that doesn’t mean that it isn’t a magnificent place all year round. It is beautiful in winters with the misty vibe it has. You can enjoy the mesmerising ‘Alpes Christmas’ in December.
You’ll Love Annecy If
- You like going for pleasant picnics.
- Cheesy delicacies are a delight for you.
- Scenic beauties and rides is something you’d enjoy.
- Calm, old town walks give you pleasure.
- If the sight of lakes and rivers pleases you, Annecy is for you.
Where To Head To
- Château d’Annecy – art exhibits in a historic castle
- Palais de l’Isle – Museum in an island prison
- Haras national d’Annecy – historical park
- Basilique Saint-Joseph-des-Fins – architecture
- Sainte Bernadette
What Shouldn’t You Miss
- Water Taxi
- Semnoz – paragliding & biking
- Gorges du Fier – Footbridge
- Cascade d’Angon – hiking
Look Out For
If you only have one day and want to make the most of if but don’t know how to? Don’t worry – here is a checklist of places that should be your priority!
- Pont des Amours
- Canal du Vasse
- Gardens of Europe
- Old Town of Annecy
- Gorges du Fier
This town might be relatively underrated as a tourist destination but it is an amazing romantic spot to spend time with your loved ones and simply relax. It’s beautiful and keeps you at peace.
Places To See: The Magnificent Montpelier, Vermont